- Bitcoin network upgrade on August 1st will likely result in a fork, leading to Bitcoin (BTC) and BitcoinCash (BCH).
- Your BTC will be safe and secure in your Coins.co.th wallet during this transition.
- Coins.co.th will not be supporting BitcoinCash, so wallets containing BTC during the fork will not receive BCH.
- If you wish to receive BCH you must remove your BTC from your Coins.co.th wallet by 06.00 hours on August 1st.
- BTC Buying, Selling, Exchanging, and Receiving Services will temporarily be suspended on Coins.co.th starting from 00.01 hours on August 1st.
- BTC Sending Service will temporarily be suspended on Coins.co.th starting from 06.00 hours on August 1st.
- Such suspensions will continue until it is determined that your funds can securely be reconnected to the network.
Dear Coins.co.th Customer,
As the update to the Bitcoin network scheduled for August 1st draws nearer, we wanted to provide you with a status update of how we plan on addressing this at Coins.co.th Our priority is the security of your funds, and we want to assure you that your BTC held on Coins.co.th will remain safe and untouched during this upgrade to the broader Bitcoin network.
You may refer for further details regarding the underlying changes taking place here. It appears increasingly likely that there will be a fork in the Bitcoin network, which will result in the creation of a second blockchain called “BitcoinCash (BCH)” which will have its own token, separate from Bitcoin (BTC). Coins.co.th does not plan on supporting BitcoinCash at this time. This means that anyone holding Bitcoin in a Coins.co.th wallet during or after the fork will not be issued the new BitcoinCash tokens, nor will their wallets be able to send or receive these new tokens.
Similar to others in the industry, we consider any hard fork which is rolled out without industry-wide consensus, and therefore splits the network, to be an altcoin, not Bitcoin itself. This is irrespective of how much hash power the forked coin may have. Ours is only one voice of many, but this is entirely consistent with the view currently taken by the economic majority of Bitcoin exchanges.
Coins.co.th has no plans of supporting BCH at the moment. Customers who want to transact in BitcoinCash (BCH) must send their Bitcoin stored on Coins.co.th to an alternative wallet before 06.00 hours on August 1st, 2017 (Thailand time).
BTC Buying, Selling, Exchanging, and Receiving Services will temporarily be suspended on Coins.co.th starting from 00.01 hours of August 1st, 2017 and BTC Sending Service will temporarily be suspended on Coins.co.th starting at 06.00 hours on August 1st, 2017.
All services will resume back to normal once our team has determined that your funds can securely be reconnected to the network.
We will continue to keep a very close eye on the status of the Bitcoin network’s changes. We will keep you updated with any changes or news.
All of the best,
The Coins.co.th Team